Beginners Guide helps you to choose the best WordPress hosting service, talks about the WordPress hosting types, figure out what is the right hosting type for you.
Choosing The Best WordPress Hosting service that meets your website requirements
Finding the best WordPress hosting service for your website can be a confusing trip. Because there are many of best WordPress hosting service providers out there, offering different types of WordPress hosting such as Shared, Cloud Hosting, Virtual Dedicated Server (VPS), Dedicated Severs, Managed WordPress Hosting, and even for free.
So with all these hosting types and features, the question then becomes, “How to select the best hosting for your WordPress site?” and the answer will not be an easy task unless you know how to choose.
In this Guide, we will help you to choose the best WordPress hosting service. But before getting into the details of WordPress hosting types, and figure out what is the right hosting type for your WordPress website, you should know your website’s needs, So let’s talk more about your website hosting requirements:
Do You Know Your WordPress Hosting Requirements?
In fact, each WordPress website has certain special requirements, depends mostly on what you want from your site? So to move forward, You must be clear on what your requirements are. Knowing what’s useful for your website is a good way to ensure you find what you’re looking for.
To find out some special WordPress hosting Requirements, you can ask yourself these questions:
What kind of WordPress website are you building or running?
Is it a blog, e-commerce site, portfolio, or a company website?…etc.
What is your WordPress content types?
What content are you publishing on your WordPress site? Are you featuring a lot of videos and high-resolution pictures on your site, or it’s mostly text with post featured images?
How much your website current traffic?
How much traffic your WordPress site gets? and what’s the expected growth of your website’s traffic in the next few months?
Where is the Geographical Location of your target audience?
Are you targeting an audience in a certain geographical location? Do you require servers in a certain location or would geographically distribute hosting be more appropriate?
As we have said above, Knowing what’s your website needs, will help you to choose the right WordPress hosting provider and reach the smarter hosting plan for Your WordPress site. Now let’s find the best WordPress hosting type for you:
For WordPress script itself does not need much to run, any server that supports PHP and MySQL will do, but to run WordPress without any security vulnerabilities we prefer hosting supports:
- PHP version 5.6 or greater
- MySQL version 5.6 or greater
- Apache or Nginx as the most robust and featureful server for WordPress.
Now let’s find the best WordPress hosting type for you:
Free WordPress Hosting:
The free web hosting service is usually advertisement-supported. As well as there are free hosting without advertisements; these often come with some limits on usage, Sometimes without the possibility of using your purchased domain, Since many of the free Web hosting services provide a subdomain (yoursite.example.com) or a directory (www.example.com/~yourname).
You will not obtain lots of options with a free WordPress hosting plan. Features such as server speed, RAM and disk storage space are limited and inadequate for an elaborate e-commerce website or a corporate website, or even for a blog with a lot of graphics. In addition, there are lots of banner advertisements put on your site by the hosting supplier. And No one can guarantee the continuity of this free hosting service. So it’s not recommended for serious WordPress sites.
Shared WordPress Hosting:
Shared Web Hosting Service generally the most popular type of hosting used by WordPress users, It is the cheapest option for hosting WordPress because expenditures per machine are covered by more users.
In order to understand what is the shared hosting? Imagine living in an Apartment complex. All residents are in the same location and must share the available resources with everyone.These may include such things as the pool, parking lot, and playground. In shared hosting, all websites must share the available resources with all the other websites on the server. These include CPU time, RAM (memory), disk space, monthly traffic, email accounts, FTP accounts, databases etc.
Advantages of shared WordPress web hosting:
- An economical option to start WordPress site: Shared hosting price is around $1.95 – $14.95 per month.
- Easy to use: No technical skills required, Most shared hosting come with an easy-to-use control panel such as cPanel or other user-friendly application.
- 1-click install top free applications including WordPress, using Auto Installers like Softaculous, Fantastico, or any custom quick installer provided by the hosting company.
- Upgrading is Easy: Most popular companies offer multiple shared hosting plans with easy upgrade and downgrade option, So if you need additional space, bandwidth, you can upgrade your hosting account.
- Focus on your business: Most popular companies take care of the dirty work such as the administration and maintenance of the shared servers, which means that you don’t need to concern yourself with technical issues of the server, so you can focus on your business.
Disadvantages of shared WordPress web hosting:
- Low-security level: The biggest disadvantage of shared hosting is the security issues that the server faces, like hacking attacks and any malicious activity that the server suffers affects the whole network of websites using the server.
- Shared environment: sharing the same CPU, memory..etc. So If any website gets heavy traffic, the other websites get affected as it will eat away the resources of the server. This can cause regular site downtimes.
- Sharing the same IP address means sharing problems, so if one of your neighbors websites (hosted on the same server) is blacklisted by Google (and other search engines) because that website is doing something illegal, The search engines may treat all the sites of the server as blacklisted.
VPS WordPress Hosting:
Virtual private server (VPS) is a virtual machine runs its own copy of an operating system. The VPS hosting environment mimics a dedicated server within a shared hosting environment. VPS hosting is a good bridge between shared hosting and dedicated hosting.
VPS hosting can provide a lot more stability and greater resources, give you more power and control over your hosting environment than shared hosting, but still sharing resources like the CPU time and memory with the others but in equal shares. VPS hosting plans can guarantee the resources available to the website by using virtualization technology.
Virtual Private Server (VPS) need some technical skills, so if you don’t have any, then you need a managed VPS plan. This means that the WordPress hosting company takes care of patching, security monitoring, backups and more so you can focus on your WordPress Site.
VPS WordPress hosting is recommended for medium to high traffic WordPress blogs, eCommerce store, and designers/developers.
Advantages of VPS WordPress hosting:
- More powerful and control than shared hosting
- Cheaper than a dedicated server but still private
- Dedicated CPU and memory
- Ability to resell hosting
- Full root access to your server
- Virtualization allows you to scale as your website grows
Disadvantages of VPS WordPress hosting:
- More expensive than shared hosting
- Virtual Private Server (VPS) need some technical skills
WordPress Dedicated Server Hosting:
Dedicated Server is the most powerful type of hosting, which meets the requirements and needs of big businesses. A dedicated server is a physical server (or computer) running a server-based software that runs various services over a network. These are typically used for corporate websites or big businesses that do a lot of business or have very high traffic. Dedicated servers are the most expensive option, but have the least downtime and most resources.
WordPress Dedicated Server Hosting is a great solution for large businesses with heavy traffic.
Advantages of WordPress Dedicated Server hosting:
- Flexibility, the ability to install the services and software your business requires.
- Full Control, you are in the driving seat and have instant access to your server.
- Resilience, with the right server setup you can have measures in place to minimize downtime.
- Reliability, no performance issues due to other users on the server.
- Increase security and minimize information leakage, which is invaluable when you are dealing with customers and confidential information.
- Stability as you are the sole owner of your dedicated server, with no interference from other websites.
Disadvantages of WordPress Dedicated Server hosting:
- Cost and Maintenance: One of the main disadvantages of using dedicated server hosting is that it is more expensive than other hosting options.
- Technical Requirements: In order to establish a dedicated server and manage a website that is hosted on it, you need to have extensive networking knowledge and skills.
Managed WordPress Hosting:
Managed WordPress Hosting is a professional WordPress hosting platform, offers a streamlined and optimized WordPress experience. Many of web hosting providers are specialize in WordPress and offer a premium WordPress hosting plans what’s known as Managed WordPress hosting service.
Managed WorPress Hosting is nothing but a hosting account built expressly to optimize WordPress. For a lot of WordPress Users, that’s exactly what they’re looking for. Many Hosting providers handle the hosting setup and management dirty, server optimization and more. Managed WorPress Hosting offers a completely hassle-free experience, so you can focus on running your WordPress site.
Advantages of Managed WordPress Hosting
- Supercharged Speed – Managed WordPress hosting servers are configured specially for WordPress. They are blazing fast even when your website gets a lot of traffic.
- Powerful security – Many Managed WordPress hosting providers offer firewalls, Malware Scan, and other security features to protect your website.
- WordPress Expert Support – With Managed WordPress Plan, the hosting staff will be a specialist in WordPress.
- Daily Backups – Managed WordPress hosting plans comes with daily full WordPress backups & 1-click restore.
- Automatic install & Updates – Automatic WordPress setup, and Automatic WordPress Core updates.
- WordPress Migration Service: Most WordPress Hosting provider offers a free auto-migration feature, that helps migrate your WordPress site to their servers with one click.
- WordPress caching & CDN: A premium feature for Managed WordPress hosting makes your site Blazing fast load times for globally accessed content.
- Additional premium features of Managed WordPress hosting: One-click staging site, Free themes & Plugins, Free domain with the annual plan, Temporary domain name, WordPress training videos, and WordPress SEO service.
Disadvantages of Managed WordPress Hosting
- Price – Managed WordPress hosting is more expensive when compared to shared hosting. some managed WordPress hosting plans starts around $6.99/mo. and the prices for the Managed WordPress Hosting plans that built on VPS technology (Hosted on virtual private servers) will start around $19.95/mo.
- Limits – Not allowed to install some WordPress plugins: You cannot install all WordPress plugins. Managed WordPress hosting providers block some plugins that duplicate an existing function (already built into the hosting plan) like some backup plugins, caching plugins, security plugins..etc)
However, We highly recommend the Managed WordPress Hosting Type as the Best WordPress hosting for all WordPress users, Now It’s time to make your decision on Choosing the Best WordPress Hosting that meets your needs!
Best WordPress Hosting Providers:
Bluehost offers an Optimized hosting Plans for WordPress includes extreme speed (Built on revolutionary VPS technology), enhanced cPanel, Auto install WordPress, Automate Backups, SiteLock Security, Advanced CDN, SiteLock WAF, and dynamic upgrades (Instantly add more CPU, RAM, and SAN storage on the fly as needed in just a click). and Also, BlueHost is recommended by wordpress.org since 2005.
HostGator offers a Managed WordPress Cloud Hosting includes: Supercharged Speed , Easy to Use managed WordPress platform with Minimalist Control Panel Designed Specifically For WordPress, Auto-backup & restores, Advanced Security, Seamless Scalability, Superior Support available 24x7x365, and FREE migration service will transfer your existing WordPress site to HostGator.
SiteGround offers a Premium WordPress hosting includes: Top speed, unmatched security, 1-Click WordPress Installation, Expert 24/7 WordPress Support, Free Domain, Free Daily Backup, Unlimited Traffic & Emails, Multi-Location & CDN, Transfer Existing Account For Free, WordPress SuperCacher, and WordPress Staging.